At our state of the art manufacturing facility there are separate departments for:
- Wood Machining – to cut, drill, laminate, shape and sand the wood sheets and laminates into furniture panels and components.
- Polishing – to sand, stain and varnish these panels and components into fully finished items ready for assembly. This department also produces the Ambic signature polished bullnose waterproof edges.
- Welding – this shop uses lengths of steel tube which are cut and welded into substantial frames for furniture items, tables and desks. This department has the latest CNC tube bending machine to produce the smooth rounded furniture without sharp corners necessary within certain environments.
- Sheet Metalwork – using flat sheets of steel guillotined, formed and fabricated into metal components used in the manufacture and assembly of furniture and incorporated to improve the strength and rigidity of Ambic furniture.
- Powder coating & Painting – used to produce a hard wearing durable finish which complements the high standards maintained in the products of the company, as this facility is in house the process enables a more rapid delivery schedule and allows the company to maintain its quality standards.
- Precision Engineering & Tool Making – supports the factory manufacturing equipment and produces bespoke precision components.
- Sand Blasting – renovation of metal items our customers wish to have refurbished which we can then powder coat.
- Vinyl Cutting – in house facility to cut out vinyl animal shapes, plant shapes and lettering.
- Stores – stock of furniture components, building, plumbing, drainage, plastering, decorating, flooring, ceiling and electrical materials.
- Assembly area and installation teams – all Ambic furniture is delivered fully assembled either in the factory or on site by our site fitting teams where fitted furniture has been specified. This department is supported by our fleet of 10 vehicles covering England, Scotland and Wales.
- Solid Grade Laminate Fabrication (Trespa) – produces toilet cubicles, wet areas, laboratories, kitchen areas, solid Surfacing Fabrication (Corian, Staron) – produces food server counters, laboratory furniture and high specification installations. We also have the capability for Plastics Fabrication (Perspex, Polyethylene, PVC).
Consultation & Design
What happens next? Ok, so you’ve hopefully seen and heard enough from us to take a leap of faith and make contact with us! After an initial chat you are more than welcome to visit us at our factory to see for yourselves our capabilities and meet the team. You’ll be plied with tea or coffee (and quite possibly, doughnuts!) whilst we discuss your project, whether it be a one off bespoke design or a complete refurbishment, alternatively, you may want us to initially visit on site.
We engineer every solution with the same attention to detail and pride ourselves in the durability, strength and longevity of our furniture. We CNC machine all components, finish with powder coating, paint spray, laquer or PVC edging. We can design and engineer pretty much any furniture solution prior to carrying out site surveys and installations using our own teams. Within our factory we also have our own company StellaBlast whereby we offer metal renovation, sand blasting, repair and powder coating. As we control all of the processes ourselves from concept, design, drawing and manufacture we are fully geared up to true bespoke manufacturing.
Once we’ve discussed your project with you we’ll provide a no obligation detailed quote and CAD drawings for your approval. Once you’ve given us the green light there’ll be no stopping us. We can be as involved as you want us to be. Rest assured, we are always up to date with building & health & safety regulations (we are registered with Chas & Constructionline).
You won’t be disappointed – we won’t let that happen! Call us, we’d love to work on your project with you.
A short clip from our promotional video where Jonathan and Frances from Ambic talk about the process of having a design idea turned into a manufactured reality and our unique capability to turn our hand to just about any manufacturing requirement.